Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
The issue of trust is to be taken with a grain of salt. Trust is one virtue missing in our world today, and unfortunately, things keep getting worse due to a lack of trust. Today, it’s hard for parents to trust their own children, it’s not even easy for spouses to trust themselves, and worse is not being able to trust themselves with issues.
However, in all this, Jesus has died for our sins to give us eternal life. He promises to carry our heavy burdens for us. So this means that we can trust our lives with Him. Below are some reasons you should trust the Lord.
Reasons to Trust the Lord
1. One of the most important reasons you should put your trust in God is because He is the all-knowing God. God knows what you’re going through better than you. He knows every detail of that process you’re going through, making Him the best to look up to. Seeking help from men may give you a different solution than the one you desire.
2. He knows what is best for you. If you rely on yourself to make things work, even if you eventually get what you want, it might be delayed; you may have to struggle with it and not even meet your expectations. But when you trust God’s decision for your life, things will take different shapes. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; don’t rely on your own intelligence. Know him in all your paths, and he will keep your ways straight.” Prov. 3:5-6.
3. He is your manufacturer: when you buy a product, it comes with a manual. This manual contains the functionalities of the product. In this same light, God is your creator, your life’s manual. Life will become better understood if you go to Him for directions on how to use your life. He cares for His creations.
4. He is intentional about you: From our scriptural text, it is easy to tell that God cares for us if we trust Him to do so. If He could care for the birds of the air, how much more you? “Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.” Psalms 34:10
5. He is a safe place: “The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.” Prov. 18:10. When we are in trouble, God will bring us out if we call Him. Some specific people make people their security, and hence, wherever they go, men follow. But God is the surest and safest place. If anything happens, man can run; but God remains unwavering.
6. Man can fail: “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.” Psa. 20:7. You may feel that men’s connections can take you far, but know this today: if God disapproves of those connections, you can’t halfway.
There are several other reasons you should trust the Lord. If someone cares so much for you, the best way to show that person how much you love or care for them in return is by trusting them. This is how we can tell God we believe and have faith in Him.
Have you doubted God in any way? Do you feel you should have trusted Him more? Let me remind you that He knows why you’re going through that phase, and until you trust Him to go with you, you may keep getting frustrated and thinking you’re alone. Jesus is still calling out to you today, don’t keep Him waiting. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:26–27).
My Father in heaven, I have come before our throne of mercy today. Please forgive me for not trusting you wholly. Forgive my doubting heart. I ask for the grace to keep trusting you. I refuse to keep questioning your moves or instructions. I leave my life in your hands. Take charge; for I know that “He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” PSALM 91:1. Thank you for accepting me again. I love you, Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray.
If you are yet to surrender your heart to Jesus, depart from your sinful ways and embrace the love of Christ. May God be with you. Amen.
This is our message for today, and we hope you were blessed. We’d also love to hear from you; please comment below.
Would you like to find more resources to aid your spiritual growth? Click here to see what we’ve got for you.
Have a blessed day!
I can put all my eggs in God’s basket.
He is the only assurance without fail.