“For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.”
God’s faithfulness places a demand on Him to reward the righteous. So, in case you have been wondering why things are not particularly rosy presently, take this as a reminder to not be weary in well-doing.
The passage above was David’s psalm to God. David was a man who just never stopped running into the arms of God for mercy. He was also a man that never stopped believing in God’s ability to keep His Word and Promises.
I have never seen God fail His own, or make a promise and not keep it. Just like in the parable of the prodigal son where the father seemed surprised that his first son did not know that the inheritance was already his, it is also surprising if you do not expect the blessings of God in reward for your righteousness.
The first desire in every believer’s heart should be that Christ be lifted high, but that does not mean God forgets His promise to take care of you. The Bible even says that while you seek after the kingdom of God, every other thing shall be added unto you.
So, rest assured, claim your blessings, and expect the bountiful harvest that the Lord is set to give you. Here are the things that the Bible says are the fate of the righteous:
1. Psalm 34:17— “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.”
2. Psalm 37:25—”I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread.”
3. Psalm 92:12—”The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.”
4. Colossians 3.24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.
- Thank you, Lord, for you are a God that keeps your promises.
2. Lord, I ask that you enlarge my expectations and open my eyes to see all that you have in store for me.
This is our message for today, and we hope you were blessed. We’d also love to hear from you; please comment below.
Would you like to find more resources to aid your spiritual growth? Click here to see what we’ve got for you.
Have a pleasant day!