“If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.”
There are two things a Christian must remember in the trying times of His journey:
- God is faithful; if He lets you pass through a certain thing, a moulding process is going on. So be sensitive to the purpose of the pain.
- If it seems too much, it’s really not. Your capacity is either being enlarged, or you need to gather more strength for that journey.
God is very intentional about our journey in life. He takes us step-by-step into the purpose and plans He has for us. But often, we either attempt to jump process or neglect what a season requires of us; hence, when we walk into the next season, we discover that we need more capacity or strength. This makes us either lose the blessings of that season or give in to pressure. There’s a purpose for every season you find yourself. Seek to know it, and stay prepared because your next season will require what you have learned.
I can assure you that the Lord does not send His soldiers without equipping them. For many of us, it might be that we remain in a season because we have refused to stay focused and be made, and then the mercy of God is keeping us from what is next so that we don’t lose what’s most important to us, or drown in weariness.
Gather Strength. Submit to preparations. Follow God as He moves. If your strength is not enough in the day of adversity, it could also mean that you moved faster than God. Our strength is from God, so if we’re not walking with Him, no matter how strong we are, we will faint.
In all, remember this: God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted above what you can bear, but even in the temptation, He will make the way of escape so that you may be able to bear it (1Cor. 10:13). Even in the periods of temptation, His faithfulness demands that He makes a way out. You will never be without strength if you follow His steps and look unto Him. You will never be stranded because He renews the strength of those who wait upon Him (Isaiah 40:31).
- Dear Lord, I ask that you help me submit to the process you’re working on me to prepare me for my next level.
- Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to seek your face when I am weak or firm so that I might understand how you have made a way out of my temptations.
- Lord Jesus, give me the wisdom to wait on you. I do not want to move ahead of or behind you. Please help me to always walk in step with you.
This is our message for today, and we hope you were blessed. We’d also love to hear from you; please comment below.
Would you like to find more resources to aid your spiritual growth? Click here to see what we’ve got for you.
Have a blessed day!