“Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.”
1 Corinthians 6:18
Sexual purity involves abstaining from anything that can pollute your being and relationship with God, whether you are married or unmarried. Here are a few steps to help you attain sexual purity:
* Sanctify and consecrate your eyes and heart for God. Recognize that controlling your eyes and heart is crucial, as they have the power to influence your actions. As Job 31:1 states, “I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I look upon a young woman?”
* Refrain from feeding your lustful desires. Make a habit of not looking at people with lustful intent.
* Avoid triggers that stimulate your sexual urges. Steer clear of pornography and masturbation, as they not only lead to sexual impurity but also negatively impact your self-esteem, psychology, emotions, and spiritual life.
* Foster determination to remain pure, especially in a generation where sin seems prevalent. Cultivate a heart like Joseph’s when he was tempted by Potiphar’s wife. He firmly refused, stating, “How could I do such a wicked thing? It would be a great sin against God. ” Despite her persistent advances, Joseph stood strong, keeping his distance from her (Genesis 39:9a-10).
May the Lord grant us the strength to remain pure for Him, irrespective of the temptations we encounter.
- Ask for the grace to overcome whatever temptation comes your way.
- Pray for those under the influence of sexual immoralities, that the Lord help them to overcome and be set free.
This is our first message for today. May this message bless you on your spiritual journey. Please share your thoughts in the comments below, and click here for more resources to aid in your spiritual growth.
Have a pleasant day!